Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

New York State of Mind No.28

Cepp Selgas / "Icon" / Enamel on lead / 18X18X3ins. - 1999-2013 (Mercedes Mestre Collection)

Back in 1999, when I was working on a series of ‘Saints’ on folded paper, I decided to ‘play’ with these two square of flat pieces of lead, same way I was doing with paper.  Since I was not able to figured-out an easy way to connect both pieces, I abandoned the project and rolled it like an ancient papyrus scroll, put it away and forgot the whole matter. 
I didn’t realize when I was moving out to my new place mid-2012, the ‘scroll’ was left behind in a hidden conner of a closet.  A week after, the forgotten piece was found and brought to my attention by someone very close to a famous cuban art collector, with a surprising question... -Would you mind if I show this to Mercedes Mestre? 

Not at all…lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment