Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

New York State of Mind No.12

 New York' Grand Central's Centennial
Understanding English, listening to it, became the most important goal in my everyday life by the time I've arrived to New York in 1980, as a drastic solution for finding a job, due to a simple fact... I had to make a living with not other option than starting from the job scale' bottom.
In my case and by chance, I ended up at not elsewhere than the top of Grand Central Station, on the bottom of 'Pan Am' building in a huge Italian restaurant named "Trattoria"; where I used to work as a dishwasher-busboy, waiter wannabe for two years.
So it would be easy to understand why I'm taking New York' Grand Central's Centennial celebration like a very special personal matter.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment