Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hierarchy

Cepp Selgas / Hierarchy / AKC Gazette / Circa 1986.

I've got kind of a funny story about this illustration. It happens that it was easier for me to come up with this idea for an article about "the Alpha Dog" and the "Underdogs", than to be able to pronounce the word "hierarchy". My boss Tom Carling, the Art Director of the AKC Gazette at the time, couldn't give it a rest until he finally found a solution, by showing me two keys, then by leaving one on the desktop and holding the other one, while rising an arm over his head. He goes saying...you see the one up is a "higher key"...say it!
So, I've for ever learned it. And will be for ever grateful to him and all the AKC Gazette team for all the support they gave me since the first day. Thanks to my all-American friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment