Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio

The inspiration of Saint Matthew.

Two years ago my good old friend, poet and writer, Reinaldo G. Ramos gave me a book as a present. It was a biography, written in English about the great Italian master Caravaggio by Francine Prose: "Caravaggio: Painter of Miracles". An small format book with a big and original way of getting the juicy new stuff about the artist' life.
Of course; I'm not going to tell...and spoil the potential-reader' excitement.
I saw the painting illustrating this post in this book, then. The main reason I'm talking about this book now, is 'cause it was the first time I saw this art piece in my life. To me it's breathtaking, so strong and so beautiful at the same time. A master piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment